Welcome to Poquoson City Public Schools! We are honored to work with our military families and extend our thanks to you for your dedication and sacrifice to our country. PCPS is committed to providing the necessary resources and support that our military-connected students and their families may need. With just over 17% of our student population being military-connected, we are fortunate to have partnerships with organizations such as the Department of Defense Educational Activity (DoDEA). PCPS has been awarded multiple grants to support literacy, STEM instruction, Project Based Learning and Tiered Systems of Support through DoDEA and we are grateful for their support of our students and community.
Information on this webpage is intended to support our military families as they transition to PCPS. If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact the receiving school directly.
- New Military Student Transition to Poquoson City Public Schools
- Planning Your Arrival to Poquoson City Public Schools
- Preparing for your Move to Poquoson City Public Schools
- Student Records Request
- Military Family's Quick Checklist for School Moves (from the militraychild.org)
- Academic Planning for Families
- Secondary Program of Studies - Information on academic programs, graduation requirements and course options
- Interstate Compact for Edcuational Opportunities for Militray Families
- Special Needs Navigation and Parental Rights
- Additional External Resources
- Military Child Education Coalition
- Resources for Military Families (from militarychild.org)
- Free Tutoring for Military Families
- Hampton Roads/Central Virginia USO
- Hampton Roads Military Joint Resources Services School Liaison
- Fleet and Family Support Centers of Hampton Roads
- Parent-Teacher Organizations
- Virginia Department of Education Resources
SAVE THE DATE: If you are new to Poquson, we invite you to our New Family Welcome Dinner on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 5:00pm at Poquoson Elementary School.